Wednesday, April 8, 2009

EEK! 4/8/2009

Hey! It has been a REALLY long time since I've blogged! YIKeees!

I'll just do a quick recap I've what I've been up to lately....

Let's see, I'm in all new classes. I've talked about Intro to Metals and Jewelry and Speech. I have not talked about Applied Creative thinking.

AH! gosh, my teacher is awful. Think about someone who is vague, and doesn't give much instructions. Times that by 1239820938 and you have my teacher. Now I understand she doesn't want to give us a lot of instructions because she wants us to think outside of the box. Although, she gives so few instructions students (including me) are scratching their heads and looking around the room to see if anyone understands what she means. She is really lazy too. To sign in for attendance, she has a sign up sheet that is up on her desk. BTW, she is also in the room AND can see if you come in. Anyway everyday, I always forget to sign in and i have to get up and sign my name. She prob doesn't even know my name. Yeah.... she definitely doesn't know my name. Another examples of why she is weird in my book. She said our first project will be done in photoshop. A student raises their hand and says, " i don't know how to use photoshop." (Me either) Other students agree with that student. "Well, my suggestion to you is find someone or look online," says my applied creative thinking teacher.

Speech! Today was SUCH a good day in speech! I "nailed" my personal narrative speech. It was awesome! I got some laughs, and the worst critique I got was 'I didn't move around a lot.' The person who said that looked like the energize rabbit, and he was asked to stop talking because he went over time. To put that simply, I'm not taking what he said to heart.

Intro to Metals...
Haven't made anything jaw dropping yet. Give me some time for that....

Well upcoming events....
Tomorrow I'll be going to the Simon Doonan lecture (I'm SOOOOO excited for it). He is on VH1 for shows like 'I love the 90s, 80s', and gossip stuff. It's going to be so great. IMMEDIATELY after the lecture I'll be on my way home for Easter weekend.

Some things that have already happened.....
So, I don't know if all the readers of this blog know about my living situation (for next year) at college. Well, I got booted out of the house I was going to share with my current roommates and a friend. BUT my 3rd roommate (not Laura) and the friend decided they didn't want to live with us next year. Because.... it would "save the friendship." Uh... yeah sure.... So that meant random roommate for next year. I was totally cool with it until my phone rang last Monday (March 30) and it was a person from my English class that lives in Tampa (i followed her in my own car home to Florida for Spring Break) and she asked about my living situation next year. I said I didn't have one. She asked if i wanted to room with her. I said sure (nothing to lose)! So i'll be rooming with her next year.

Ha, next topic. Not too proud of this one.... Well I've been trying to branch out of my new group (roommates and the people I have been friends with this entire time) and we were all like, we want to do something fun. We were throwing ideas out, some ridiculous, crazy, lame. Then someone says "someone in my class has mentioned an abandoned Meat Packing house that was burned down. It's supposed to be haunted!" Everyone was like "that sounds cool." I of course didn't have anything else to do, and went along. I figured we wouldn't find it, or we would chicken out. So there wasn't a specific address for it, we were driving around and didn't find it. Drove around some more and didn't find it. (BTW, we drove 50 minutes to the next town to get to this place). Of course, as we're leaving... this scary building pops out of nowhere. Of course I think 'oh damnnnn!' Wr get out of the car, this dog is barking like crazy. I was thinking 'ahh, i want to get out of here, I want to leave, I want to leave. They start walking around back. I stay by the car. Dog is still barking. They all come back to get me. So I go (reluctantly). It's a 5 story building they go inside (I wait outside in the back) and up some flights. They said they saw graffiti, a creepy lawn chair, dripping (it rained REALLY hard that day and the day before). Anyway, they said it was creepy. I looked it up the building a couple of days ago. That was scarier than waiting out back. Here are some facts and comments...
Location Description copied off the website:


Off of Packing house road an abandoned meat packing plant exists. Shadows can be seen trying to escape the building but will go no farther than the entrance ways. On a full moon, a gunshot can be heard and the screams of burning victims accompany it. Every other night look at the 2nd window from the right on the 3rd story to see a woman with a look of terror on her face. On the backside of the building there are extreme temperature drops.

Comments by other users:
The packinghouse is great for a scare but may have real danger around every corner. It has long been held by law enforcement that this house is a haven for homeless people and squatters (Drug addicts, Junkies). If one were to attempt a visit the sounds you hear may be coming from living breathing people who will either hide or may attempt out of desperation to rob, rape, or kill you. So please do be careful.
another comment
dont know if its haunted or not but it is in a bad neighborhood so be careful

YEAH... so it was very unsettling reading that. I was just glad everybody got out ok and had their fix (no pun intended). It would have been the best place for a homeless person that day, raining all day. Absoultely perfect! Yikes, but still... don't mention this to my mom.

The best thing that happened this last weekend was..... KATHRYN coming to visit! It was SO great. Kathryn, and her whole family came to visit me in Savannah! We had some wonderful dinners together, and saw some museums and went on tours I had never been on.

Eek, this is a very long post.

Annie

2 comments:

Nirvalex said...

That is a long post. Did you see Andrew W. at the Abandoned meat packing place?

Robert said...

Hahahaha to the comment above. :P

Oh wow! Long post = long comment.

So yeah that's exciting about your new roommate, it'll probably be cool just to meet new people and stuff.

The meat packing house sounds creepy. mhmhmhm Scarry! Uh...yeah

Ooh you should put your speeches up, like film them, ya know? haha

Ok I'm done. :-) nd I'm sending your letter tomorrow.