Saturday, May 2, 2009

I've been thinking about this for a long time

This won't be an update post, more like an informative and an idea post.

I've always thought that the grading system in schools can be really unfair. Recently an assignment was given in Applied Creative thinking and I remembered an idea of mine.

I think Robots should replace teachers. Yeah, it is crazy and spacey but I think it's cool. If robots were teachers everything would be fair. All the robots would be programmed the same. This way we could do away with standardized tests. I'm even thinking that administration should be robots too. That way everyone starts on the same playing field. I think if people were left on the way side (didn't graduate) they would go to a vocational school and be laborers. Maybe the curriculum could be more like the way the da Vinci was taught. Science, Math, Art and English (language). I've just had such a hit and miss with teachers (mainly in highschool). Some teachers at Lakeland loved what they were doing, others had NO idea what they were teaching.
Anyway, tell me your thoughts.

2 comments:

graceyan0 said...

Yeah, it would be fair, but there would be no excelling. With some assignments and works, you can be extraordinary and not follow the rules. As an artist, you should know that thinking outside of the box is an element that makes average things amazing.

But I do agree that for some subjects, where creativity isn't required and probably never will be, robots would be better teachers. Math and Science could probably be taught by robots much more easily than English or History. With English and History, perception differs, and no robot would be able to handle the perceptions of each individual students, as a teacher is.

You probably didn't have to because you were a senior, but last year we had to write essays that were graded by computers and the results just were not reliable.
As of now, computers can't replace humans.

Robert said...

I wish my response could be as long as Grace's but sadly it will not be. :P

Yes you are very right about the teachers at Lakeland, I've had some really good ones and some REALLY bad ones. So in that case robots would make good teachers. But I also agree with what Grace said about not excelling and that in like Math or Science it would probably work really well.

As for art, it is just about being creative and it's very subjective you know? One person's opinion does't necessarily mean it's bad or good, it's the same with music too.

haha interesting post though!!!