Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week of October 4th



Hello, and sorry I have been distant. A lot has happened this week, and I haven't had a chance to really get on the computer and blog. So let me tell you about my week!

Monday, I had my academic advisement meeting to discuss what my intended major will be. I've decided that I'll major in Metals and Jewelry and minor in Accessory design! I've been on a tour to the accessory building and I thought it was REALLY neat. Like, I can make shoes and purses! I can't wait! About 5 hours later I went to my design class. We all got our grades back, no one got an 'A'. I was a bit disappointed, on account of my piece being on the wall. I *think * i got the highest grade. I got an 89 B. I talked to her about my piece, and she said if I would've just changed the boarder to the paisley one and made it smaller than it would have been perfect. Although, I didn't know we could play with the boarder! All in All, I got put up on the wall before anyone else and I was happy about that.

- Tuesday -
Nothing really happened on Tuesday. I had drawing. It rained EXTREMELY hard! Laura and I had to wrap our drawings in trash bags to prevent them from getting wet.

-Wednesday-
FYE class, was boring as usual. We went to tour the library and all it's wonders. Like our usual Wednesday tradition, we went to Chick fila for breakfast. 5 hours later, design happened. Nothing too big in here. We had to bring in our collages, and sketch them. BOO!! I hate drawing! After about an hour and a half of that we had a lecture on nothing but..... PAPER! Yes, paper! I felt like I was in one of Dwight's many lectures on paper. I was SO close to asking the guy what kind of top soil do they use for the trees, but I didn't. He was boring enough, I didn't want to make it even more boring.

-Thursday-
English Comp happened and then drawing. Nothing too exciting in there either.
Another boo, NO OFFICE?!?!?!?


-Friday-
Woke up super early to get to the Art Trade Show. I was really excited to go to this. I went crazy with buying art supplies. I spent $106, and the money went really far. I bought 2 newsprint pads, 1 drawing pad, a paper palette pad, a Bristol (cough, sarah palin) pad, bundles of pencils, a really nice pen for 2 design. GOUACHE!, a large wooden clip board for drawing (we're going to the cemetery next thursday to draw... ooh scary!), charcoal, erasers, fixative, a lamp for 2D, a sketchbook that I don't really need, but w/e, got some free stuff too! I think I want to go back and buy paint brushes and a pencil case.

Later on that day, me, Macy and Megan went to Chills! I bought envelopes for the letters! Macy left for the weekend. Megan and I played a WONDERFUL prank. After that Megan and I went to the Marc Jacob store, and then went to the smoothie shop and the cupcake emporium! Later on we went to get pizza. I came home to an empty room, if felt good. I took a shower, and went to bed. About 10 mins later, I heard banging on my door. I opened it. It was none other than the flamboyantly Kenny and Megan wondering how I was all alone. They left soon after and then I went to sleep. As Pam might say "It was a good day."

One last thing, I'm loving the letters. Absolutely loving them! I just sent three yesterday, and I just love receiving them. Keep them coming!

1 comment:

angelohhh said...

oooh a cupcake emporium??? that sounds awesome

u sound like ur having so much fun!!