Monday, January 12, 2009

Jan 12, 2008


Wow, I realized I haven't blogged in quite sometime.

As you know school has started. I'm back in Savvy for my second quarter. My schedule is
Monday/Wednesdays
3D design (9-10:30 a.m.)
Survey of Western Art I ( 2-4:30 p.m.)

Tuesday/ Thursdays
Color Theory (5-7:30 p.m.)

3D - probably my favorite class, NO, it is my favorite class. Right now we're making linear structures (made out of spaghetti) that need to hole 25 lbs (or more) for 5 seconds (or more). I'm making a ring box for the base w/ a tower(required to support the weight). A huge diamond ring will be wrapped around the tower. The ring will be in a sort of surreal sense. My teacher wanted me to break out of the mold of something traditional; and so he recommended my ring look as if Salvatore Dali (cough, GARC!) would've made it.

As for Art History we're in the Egyptian chapter. Ehh, I already know the material and luckily for me the class curriculm only goes to right before the Renaissance- which is right about the time in my online art history class that I started slacking. But oh my, I almost fell asleep about 15 times today in class.

Color theory- Gahhh, I hate it. I just absoultely loathe this class, right now we've just been mixing colors and making color wheels and color strips.

Well to recap, my last days at home were alright. The night at Gosh, and bfast at Alex's (with eggs made the right way) made the transition a little bit harder.

I had one bad dat where I missed Grace a lot. My misery was triggered becuase she emailed me a link of a video she made with her Australian friend. Anyway, just listening to her voice reminded me of the good times we had together.

On a more positive note, I'm coming home for a bitty break. I have a four-day weekend-thanks to MLK.

P.S. I'm still knitting, but not as much as I would like to/ or did over the break

Also, I saw (rented) a movie this weekend. It was by the same guy who made Pan's Labrynith. It was super good. Kind of cliche as far as horror goes, but really smart story line.

3 comments:

jchampeau said...

I watched grace's video too.

You are right. It was hearing her voice. and her laugh.

:/

graceyan0 said...

Sorry I made you sad. I'm glad you're getting crafty with spaghetti!

Don't worry. I'll be home before you know it.

Nirvalex said...

Woohoo APAH!!

I'm surprised you don't like color theory. You sounded excited about it.

Also, when you get back, I'm making some more breakfast, and it's party time.