Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update Feb 25




Hello!

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged "officially" and given you guys a good update on everything. I always tend to apologize for me not blogging, but I guess that will just make every post I write that much better.

So midterms are over. I was not happy with any of my grades. I don't really want to talk about that though. I just need to find motivation to study and work harder, AND use my time wisely. I've realized I need to separate work from home (my dorm here), and be cut throat (to myself) and get busy (with school work).

So i think I remember being excited about signing up for classes, and I was SO excited about taking that computer class. WELL... I didn't get in the class that I wanted. Ha, there weren't any spots AT ALL for me. BUT... I did get the very sought after "Applied Creative Thinking" class. Lucky me! I honestly, have NO IDEA what the class will teach me. I'm thinking it's gonna be easy, and I'm looking forward to a much slower paced quarter. ALTHOUGH, i will have my intro to jewelry class. I know FO Sho that will kick my butt, but (ha butt but) this will be the test to see if this is what I want to do. My internship over Xmas break was also a chance to test the waters. And currently I'm feeling good about the jewelry thing. As for my other class, I'll be taking Speech and Public Speaking. I got an easy teacher, the only prob is that it's at 8 a.m., but I've done it before, and it hasn't screwed me up too much. I only had one accident and I have payed dearly for it (just like Creed using the woman's bathroom for #2).

So my week was SO fucked up (sorry for the language). My grades suck. I was going through social stuff here at school (it's all settled for those who know about it). It was just awful. But there was a light that shined last night. I was in color theory, talking to some people. (I hate that class btw.) Making friends. It was good. Although I was SUPER scared of my final project that I had to present at the end of class. We had to write an artist statement and talk about what we were going to do. I was just scared. Cause my class can be very judgmental. Anyway my idea was a necklace much like the right picture. All rockcut with lots of negative space in a prong set. Although, the catch is that I'm using crayons. ANYWAY, my class loved it and said it was cool and innovative. Which made me very happy. My color scheme is using warms and cools. Kind of like the middle and left picture. I have to make the project complex, therefore I might make a series of different colors and designs. But I'm not sure how long this will all take. Wish my luck on that.

Oh, well I had a good time in Lakeland. Grassroots was good. My fake chicken (chick-UN) was super good. I really liked the spring rolls we had first, and that sauce.. Mmmmzzz.

Gah.. i dont know what else to say. BUT, I would like more comments on the comment box. AND i still need a names for my mini xmas trees. They have been slowly but surely growing. I need to get a recent pic of them (they are like my twin children or something). So just write your feelings. Alright that should be enough for now.

Annie

4 comments:

jchampeau said...

March 14th.... where are you?????

Robert said...

Haha good to hear from you.
I'm sorry your week was awful...but you are very inspiring with your rising up. I also sent you a aletter so I hope that makes it better :-) (oooh rhyymee)

Umm ahhh yes Grassroots is good, I'm glad you liked it!

As for xmas tree names...hmm...maybe Charlie. Like Charlie brown. Because I always think of Charlie Brown when I think of little tiny xmas trees!!!

angelohhh said...

christmas trees!!

name one of them matty :]

graceyan0 said...

Good post tigs