Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Collegiate Life


I'm finally here at SCAD, and I'm so glad that I'm back at art school. I think everyone knew how ready I was to finally get back in the groove of school and being social again.

I just saw and ate with my friend from RISD. It was really great talking about old RISD people and how much we miss them and the RISD food. And PLEASE don't think that I'm picky about food, and judgmental, but the food here at SCAD is lacking compared to the food at RISD. And that makes me a tiny bit sad, but it's fine. I'll learn to live.


Today they had a poster sale and had ALL these posters of movies and art and just all this stuff. I came home with a poster of the office, and the movie Little Miss Sunshine. I wanted a scenic view of London, but all they had was Paris and New York. But there really isn't a scenic view of London. Unless it is the London Eye mixed with Big Ben and the Thames River and perhaps the Gherkin that is now a new skyscraper.

Oh another thing, my next door neighbors! They are terrible, they play their blaring bass fueled rap music from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. We've told them to turn it down a couple of times. One time my roommate caught one of them with their hands "tied". Yes, that room has a LOT of traffic from the females. They have a whiteboard and they have their nicknames written on it. Names as follows: Easy (white guy), Bam Bam (aka Long Island Ice tea- also Caucasian), and J-Bird (the black guy). Long Island and I have a drawing class together and he is SUCH an idiot. He is rude to the teacher and came in VERY late the first day. He was wearing some shorts and a black wifebeater that complements his Rest In Peace Tattoo... aka... HOT.


Update from the feather bed. I've slept really great while I've been here- thanks to the feather bed. Although it slips off because my bed is so high and I have to use a stepping stool to get on it. Therefore thanks to ductape, I taped the feather bed to my mattress so reduce the slipage.

For the tea drinkers, I've had tea almost everyday. I'm so glad I brought it! On the way up my mom and I stopped at an outlet mall and I bought a teapot and teabags. I reminds me of the old tea party days at Khaki's house.

Bye tiggs,

and so sorry I've been distant, college is hard to adjust to.

2 comments:

jchampeau said...

aybabay.

distantness is understandable. it's the first week. things will calm down and you'll be back to nonstop talking to us all the time.

:)

glad you are happy though.

Robert said...

Hey gurl!
I still miss you!!! Piano is just not the same.
But I'm so glad you're having a great time at SCAD! It sounds cool. I'm sure you'll adjust fine, it is hard to change so much! lol anyway I need your address so I can mail you stuff!!! :-)